Yes, it’s the end of the year. Yes, there are very few people in your office. Yes, you can only talk to your friends so often and none of your clients are around! Yes, you are bored—in fact very bored and have no idea what to do.
Here are six suggestions:
- Clean up your office. Chances are that your office is full of files that are from years ago that you somehow have been collecting and you no longer need.
- Update your day-timer and Outlook calendar. It’s time to update the 2007 conference schedule and important dates (like your spouse’s or clients’ birthdays, wedding anniversary, kids’ birthdays and anything else that you want to remember)
- Catch up on your mail. Take advantage of a little down time to get caught up on all of those magazines and research newsletters that you have been putting off and are in the big pile on the back of your desk
- Go to your website and really analyze it.
- What is missing?
- What services should we highlight?
- Why don’t we have any white papers?
- Go to this site and try and solve the daily USA Today Sudoko. I always enjoy doing this. I found it gets my mind really thinking and the wheels cranking
- Go to YouTube and watch a video that is of interest for 5 minutes
I hope one of these helps you in your state of boredom.
I look forward to hearing your comments and ideas.