This contest is now closed. Click here to follow the stock contest leader board. Good luck to all participants!
First of all, congratulations to Magda Cooling whose stock pick Hawaiian Airlines went from $5.10 to $6.38 — an increase of 25.1%. This was a difficult year with only six people who had a stock that showed an increase. I am sure I am not the only one who wishes they had bought thousands of shares. For winning the contest, Magda will receive $300.00
To participate in the 2009 contest, here is what you need to do:
- Respond to the blog with your stock name and if possible symbol
- State the reason why you picked the stock you did
It’s as simple as that. We’ll do the rest.
A few things to remember:
- You need to respond by 7:00 PM CST January 19, 2008
- You can only have one entry
- The stock price needs to be at least $1.00 – anything less will not be accepted into the contest.
- Only one person can have a particular stock, so the person who responds first gets the pick and we will notify anyone who has a duplicate stock (we had at least 10 duplicates last year and I am sure there will be more this year).
- If a stock splits, we will make the necessary calculation and adjustment
- If the company you pick gets acquired during the year and their company doesn’t have their own stock price, you won’t be counted in the contest
- We will use the stock prices as they were at the time the market closed the last trading day of 2008.
Like last year we will post a leader board.
First prize will be $300.00 for the person whose stock goes up the highest percentage in 2009.
I will get the ball rolling with my choice for the 2009 contest: Wal-Mart (WMT). With the challenging economy I believe they are poised for a strong 2009!
Take the stock challenge of 2009! Get your entries in today!
Again, the deadline is 7:00 PM CST, January 19th.