This contest is now closed. Click here to follow the stock contest leader board. Good luck to all participants!
First of all, congratulations to Bo Mullan whose stock pick, VirnetX Holding (VHC) went from 2.94 to 14.85 – an increase of 405.11%! For winning the contest Bo will receive $300.00.
2010 was a very good year for stocks. The average stock went up 28.86% while 67 stocks went up and 39 went down.
To participate in the 2011 contest, here is what you need to do:
Respond to the blog with your stock name and symbol.
State the reason why you picked the stock you did. It’s as simple as that. We’ll do the rest.
A few things to remember:
- You need to respond by 7:00 PM CST January 24, 2011
- You can only have one entry
- The stock price needs to be at least $1.00 – anything less will not be accepted into the contest.
- Only one person can have a particular stock, so the person who responds first gets the pick and we will notify anyone who has a duplicate stock (we had at least 10 duplicates last year and I am sure there will be more this year).
- If a stock splits, we will make the necessary calculation and adjustment
- If the company you pick gets acquired during the year and their company doesn’t have their own stock price, you won’t be counted in the contest
- We will use the stock prices as they were at the time the market closed the last trading day of 2010.
- Like last year we will post a leader board.
First prize will be $300.00 for the person whose stock goes up the highest percentage in 2011.
I will get the ball rolling with my choice for the 2011 contest: Omnicom (OMC). Simple choice, Omnicom will have a great 2011!
Take the stock challenge of 2011! Get your entries in today!
Again, the deadline is 7:00 PM CST, January 24th.