This contest is now closed. Click here to follow the stock contest leader board. Good luck to all participants!
First of all, congratulations to Brian Nixon whose stock pick, Genetic Technologies (GENE) went from 1.06 to 3.03 – an increase of 185% For winning the contest Brian will receive $300.00.
2011 was a challenging year for stocks. The average stock went down 21.43% while 30 stocks went up and 76 went down.
To participate in the 2012 contest, here is what you need to do:
Respond to the blog with your stock name and symbol.
State the reason why you picked the stock you did. It’s as simple as that. We’ll do the rest.
A few things to remember:
- You need to respond by 7:00 PM CST January 23, 2012.
- You can only have one entry.
- The stock price needs to be at least $1.00 – anything less will not be accepted into the contest.
- Only one person can have a particular stock, so the person who responds first gets the pick and we will notify anyone who has a duplicate stock (we had at least 10 duplicates last year and I am sure there will be more this year).
- If a stock splits, we will make the necessary calculation and adjustment.
- If the company you pick gets acquired during the year and their company doesn’t have their own stock price, you won’t be counted in the contest.
- We will use the stock prices as they were at the time the market closed the last trading day of 2010.
- Like last year we will post a leader board.
First prize will be $300.00 for the person whose stock goes up the highest percentage in 2012.
I will get the ball rolling with my choice for the 2012 contest: Starbucks (SBUX). Everyone seems to love Starbucks and they continue to be creative with their business.
Take the stock challenge of 2012! Get your entries in today!
Again, the deadline is 7:00 PM CST, January 23th.