First of all, congratulations to Kim Osterberg whose stock pick, Georgia Gulf Corp (GGC) went from $19.49 to $41.28 â€“ an increase of 111.81%. For winning the contest, Kim will receive $300.00.
2012 was an interesting year for stocks. The average stock went up by 3.4% while 49 stocks went up and 46 went down.
To participate in the 2012 contest, here is what you need to do:
Respond to the blog with your stock name and symbol.
State the reason why you picked the stock you did. It’s as simple as that. We’ll do the rest.
A few things to remember:
- You need to respond by 7:00 PM CST January 21, 2013.
- You can only have one entry.
- The stock price needs to be at least $1.00 â€“ anything less will not be accepted into the contest.
- Only one person can have a particular stock, so the person who responds first gets the pick and we will notify anyone who has a duplicate stock (we had at least 10 duplicates last year and I am sure there will be more this year).
- If a stock splits, we will make the necessary calculation and adjustment.
- If the company you pick gets acquired during the year and their company doesn’t have their own stock price, you won’t be counted in the contest.
- We will use the stock prices as they were at the time the market closed the last trading day of 2012.
- A link to the leaderboard will be posted in the top right corner of the blog.
First prize will be $300.00 for the person whose stock goes up the highest percentage in 2013.
I will get the ball rolling with my choice for the 2013 contest: Zinga (ZNGA). With the attention that social and gaming is getting sounds like this stock has the potential to have a great 2013.
Take the stock challenge of 2013! Get your entries in today!
Again, the deadline is 7:00 PM CST, January 21.
Good luck to all!!