In the past few years I have had the pleasure of sitting in the front row in OKC, Dallas and Newark, NJ. I must admit sitting in the front row gives you a much different experience and perspective of the game of professional basketball.
Here are a few thoughts:
- Most of these guys are really big!
- Most of these guys are cut and have muscles on muscles!
- A ton of guys trash talk.
- Extremely physical game
- Lots of “bad words” are shared on the court
- The view isn’t really that good.
- You are almost guaranteed to be on ESPN Sports Center and the jumbotron 95% of the time (especially when you sit under the basket)
I must admit from a basketball experience, I don’t like the seats. You can really only see part of the game. Because you are so close, you can’t see a play develop. In addition, I would never bring my kids again – the trash talking and swearing is too much to take and sends the wrong message to my kids. A few weeks ago a fight broke out on the court between the Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics. This fight spilled into the stands under the basket where little kids looked traumatized. At two of the Boston Celtics games I attended, I sat in the front row. Even though I love the Celtics, I don’t believe I would ever sit in the front row again. I would rather be ten rows back where I can enjoy the action, not hear the swearing, and don’t have to worry about these giants throwing a punch at each other.
- What do you think?
- Have you ever sat in the front row?
- What is the closest you have ever been to the court?
- Do you like the view/experience?
I look forward to reading your comments.