A few weeks ago I got an email from my uncle that I thought was pretty funny and probably accurate. It talked about the back nine which was a reference for getting old. Here are a few things the email contained that I thought were pretty interesting, accurate and I guess my future as I get older and MORE EXPERIENCED:
- Your kids are becoming you.
- Your grandchildren are perfect!
- Going out is good… Coming home is better!
- You forget names…. But it’s OK because other people forgot they even knew you!
- You realize you’re never going to be really good at anything…. especially golf!
- The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don’t care to do them anymore.
- You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It’s called "pre-sleep”.
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
- You tend to use more 4 letter words … "what?"…"when?”
- Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, although it’s not safe to wear it anywhere.
- Everybody whispers.
- You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet…. 2 of which you will never wear.
So I ask you…
- Is this what is going to happen to me?
- Is this what is happening to you?
- Which of these little bits of wisdom make you smile and are your favorite?
I look forward to reading your comments.