Often I ask my kids what they would like to do when they grow up. I have gotten lots of funny answers over the years but never, “Dad, I want to do what you do. I want to work in the market research industry”. I then started to give some thought to what I would say if one of my kids said that.
Here is the list I put together quickly:
- Research industry allows you to work in a number of projects covering a number of different industries.
- Research industry is always changing.
- We see products and services that are on the horizon.
- Small industry probably a little easier to make your mark than other industries
- Great, intelligent, passionate people!
I am sure I have many more reasons that I would say but those are my first five.
- If your kids want to follow in your footsteps and work in the research industry what would you say?
- What do you love about the industry?
- Why have you stayed in it as long as you have?
I look forward to reading your comments.