First of all, congratulations to Scott Cairey whose stock pick, SunPower Corporation (SPWR) went from $5.62 to $29.74 – an increase of 429%. For winning the contest, Scott will receive $300.00.
2013 was an interesting year for stocks. The average stock went up by 46% while 65 stocks went up and 24 went down.
To participate in the 2014 contest, here is what you need to do:
Respond to the blog with your stock name and symbol.
State the reason why you picked the stock you did. It’s as simple as that. We’ll do the rest.
A few things to remember:
- You need to respond by 7:00 PM CST January 24, 2014.
- You can only have one entry.
- The stock price needs to be at least $1.00 – anything less will not be accepted into the contest.
- Only one person can have a particular stock, so the person who responds first gets the pick and we will notify anyone who has a duplicate stock.
- If a stock splits, we will make the necessary calculation and adjustment.
- If the company you pick gets acquired during the year and their company doesn’t have their own stock price, you won’t be counted in the contest.
- We will use the closing stock price the day you make your pick.
- A link to the leaderboard will be posted in the top right corner of the blog.
First prize will be $300.00 for the person whose stock goes up the highest percentage in 2014.
I will get the ball rolling with my choice for the 2014 contest: Gamestop (GME). With all the games I buy for my kids, the stock has to go up in 2014!
Take the stock challenge of 2014! Get your entries in today!
Again, the deadline is 7:00 PM CST, January 24.
Good luck to all!!