Recently, I have been having a number of discussions with my friends and son regarding the United States population and where people are living and moving too. In addition, I believe Dallas, Texas, which is an amazing place to live, will change and be challenging in say 10 years. My reasoning is because the info structure might not be able to handle the increase in population.
I was curious where people were moving to and if my thoughts were backed up by facts and guess what – they were!
The current chart lists the Top 50 Cities in the U.S. by Population and Rank. Click Here to see the full list.
I was a little surprised to see how prominent the state of Texas was on the list. Did you know:
- That three of the top nine cities by population are in Texas
- As well as six out of the top nineteen are in Texas. While each of those cities are bigger than Seattle, Denver, Boston, and Nashville to name a few.
I converted the chart to excel, added a column and formula to see what cities had the greatest population growth since 1990 and here is what I saw:
- Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland & New Orleans didn’t grow at all. In fact, they now have less people than they did 24 years ago.
- Las Vegas grew the most 237%, followed by Louisville 224%, and Charlotte at 204%.
- Four of the top ten growth cities are in Texas. They are Austin, Ft Worth, San Antonio, and Arlington.
- Every single city in Texas grew by at least 27%.
So I ask you… when are you moving to the great state of Texas!
- What do you think about the trends based on the chart?
- What surprised you?
I look forward to reading your comments.
P.S. Please call if you end up moving here or want some additional information!!