April 21, 2021 - The Insights Association announced that its Southwest and New England Chapters have been named "Chapters of the Year" for 2020. Both Chapters earned this recognition for growing their membership, strengthening their financial position, and providing innovative events to engage and assist members during a most difficult year.
M/A/R/C® Research Senior Vice President Alice Butler, who serves on the IA National Board and has also served on the Southwest Chapter's Board for several years, congratulated all the volunteers in both chapters. "Our Chapter volunteers had more than enough to concern themselves at their own businesses and with their families. To see them band together for the benefit of their industry colleagues was incredible to witness. All IA Chapters went above and beyond throughout the year and both winning Chapters richly deserve this honor."
According to the Insights Association, the Southwest Chapter was chosen based on the following accomplishments in 2020:
- Stepped up communications to keep members. "Talent Spotlight" was created to help out-of-work members find new employment and MRX job listings were added to quarterly newsletters.
- Optimized email marketing, increased social media engagement, and added a new social media volunteer position to help with outreach, particularly among recent graduates and young professionals. These efforts resulted in a 50% growth in social media followers, boosted event attendance and interest in joining the board.
- Created an Ambassador Program to energize long-tenured members and turn them into boots-on-the-ground Chapter advocates across their large region.
- Grew membership by 50% - from 304 members in 2019 to 456 in 2020!
The New England Chapter was chosen based on the following accomplishments in 2020:
- Swiftly pivoted their program and focus to develop and deliver a range of virtual events focused on the most pressing needs of their members and the industry including:
- Multi-day events and workshops including a discussion board focused on professional challenges experienced due to Covid-19, and a partnership with Research Rockstar on "What Every Market Research & Insights Professional Needs to Know about Data Sources in 2020"
- Single-day events including a motivational leadership training on resiliency in a challenging time and a forum on how to navigate and network in the new virtual world
- Established a scholarship providing members the chance to win all-access passes to Research Rockstar professional skills courses.
- Grew membership by 59% from 231 in 2019 to 370 in 2020!